Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Music.

Now Imma throw a whole bunch of music crap at your heads...just kidding, it's not crap. But this is like...consider this day my music issue.  Not that it isn't everyday.  Anyways, that analogy is over...
now let's get to the music.
My roomate's sister found this song a few weeks ago, and last night my whole apartment was looking up and listening to on crazy repeat...Ben L'Oncle Soul.  He's some fantastic French guy who has INCREDIBLE covers.
So HERE he covers The White Stripes' Seven Nation Army, and I freaking love it. 
Oh, who am I kidding?  I'll embed it.  But promise me you'll watch it since it's so freaking easy to get to.


And here, he covers Roxanne.  Yes, the Roxanne.  And I love this, too.


And here is a little part from this little song called "I Kissed A Girl".
Heard of it?
Love this.

And how can you not love his fantastically retro covers and his little French inflection on everything?  It's impossible to not.
And that's just a little bit of his genius.  Go YouTube him NOW.  Where is the Love - Avi is a winner, too.  And Barbie Girl (Yeah, I know, don't you love him already?), and Soulman, and,
OH WHAT THE HECK.  Here's another one for you.  Hit The Road, Jack...sexy since 2010 (just kididng, since Ray Charles sang it).  Hoo freaking rah!

xxx
and all that jazz (heh.  pun gleefully intended.)
-Tabby

oh and...check it out! I'm on Soundcloud!  Covering Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova.  The quality isn't the best, and I definitely make a few mistakes, but, it's alright, it's all good, because it's a cover of one of THE LOVELIEST SONGS EVER.  So it's okay.  People will forgive me for not being perfect, right?
(And did anyone who's heard Adele's cover of "Thats It, I Quit, I'm Moving On" on 19 get the little Adele moment there? ... Anyone?)
Oh, right, the link.  Clicky, Clicky!

No comments:

Post a Comment