Sunday, August 19, 2012

London and Latcho Drom,

Never mind the Superhigh Video, Superfast Jellyfish is awesome. Gorillaz are so excellent.

And so British, which is a very natural transition to our next topic: London!
Look, Paris got a whole Wednesday post devoted to it, so it stands to reason that London should get a lazy Sunday one, too.
Looondon.  Mmm, okay. I'm so excited. Obviously. I'd be a fool to not be.
Oh, I got sidetracked scrolling through my favorites to my London folder. So - Latcho Drom. Latcho Drom is this absolutely insanely gorgeous movie about, well, gypsies, basically. RottenTomatoes describes it as "The journey of the Romany people told through musicians and dancers of India, Egypt, Turkey, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, France, and Spain."  This is an apt description...but it's just so much more colorful and expansive and really incredibly beautiful than that. Anyways, watch it. And until then watch this clip, and this other (fantastic) one, and then have a look-see at all these pictures of the ever groovy London.


The Enter button? What? Never heard of it.

Sans further adieu...London!



Hyde Park! Where I'll be living across the street from. Oh lucky days.








Neal's Yard! V. excited to visit it. Doesn't it look so great, almost garishly bright, so tall and rained on? I'm not being sarcastic...I dig this. Vair excited.


Hyde Park! Again! Lots of exclamation marks!

I'm going!
I'm going to explode. Ex...plode.
So. Ridiculously. Exciting. Oiiii.


Oh, and here's Emma Watson for the record, looking fabulous. She's a doll. Also so hot, also we totally love her. Oh, sorry, is my girl crush showing? Also British, which is how the freak we're going to tie that in. Picture from The NYTimes.


xxx and all that jazz darlings,
Tabby

No comments:

Post a Comment