Tuesday, October 4, 2011

David Bowie.



oh, he's kinda cute in these, isn't he?

And then you have...Jareth.  The Goblin King.

I really love David Bowie.
And this is even though a) I don't understand what he is going on about half the time (case in point: his song China Girl) and b) he plays a goblin king who...falls in love with a fifteen-year-old in his 1986 movie Labyrinth.  (Jennifer Connelly, the actress, was 16 at the time.)  (Although I guess Emmy Rossum was only 16 when they began filming Phantom of the Opera, and she and Gerard Butler kissed in that!) (Speaking of Gerard Butler...my goodness, I want to watch P.S. I Love You.  Like, ahora.)
Like his song Suffragette City? oh baby. yes please.  And I actually do love Labyrinth.  Creepy as heck - the garbage lady?  And those red creatures that want to TAKE OFF YOUR HEAD?  please no.  please, please no, I'd like to keep that.  But I digress.  Watch the sweet 90's re-release trailer HERE.
Point: David Bowie is, in the immortal words of Amanda Bynes: Schveet.  (Although, OH, but his Goblin King pants are AWFUL.)

No comments:

Post a Comment